Being truly “Christian” requires us to believe in the concept of eternity. Try as we might to contemplate the eternal, we humans have difficulty getting past our sense of time. Born into time, you and I have known nothing apart from the tick-tock of the clock. The second and minute hands have governed our every move, constantly reminding us of our own mortality. It’s no wonder we strive to wrap our minds around the timelessness and boundlessness of the realm of eternity that awaits us!
To understand eternity, we must become acquainted with its King, the Eternal God. The limitations we face in this life are non-existent in His realm, the very realm He has invited us to participate in!
The video link provided is a message I very recently shared entitled, “The Eternal God.” In this video, I utilize scripture and a little bit of science to unlock the mystery of eternity and how time and eternity are two different realities that co-exist simultaneously. Here are some of the questions I address:
- Is eternity just time extended indefinitely, or is it a separate reality?
- How could Jesus appear in the Old Testament, before His natural birth in the New Testament?
- Does time exist in eternity?
- Who is El Olam and how what is His role in eternity?
- Why does the Bible say there will be no marriage and giving of marriage in Heaven?
- Why cannot God change?
- How does the Theory of Relativity reveal the nature of time and help us to better understand eternity?
- How can we, as created beings, become immortal and enter into eternity?
As always, I am more interested in hearing than being heard. If anything in this message stimulates a question in you, please feel free to converse, here, via the “reply” link. Blessings as you endeavor to lay hold of the eternal!